Ever used this software or using it for the first time ever? Don’t know what this software does? No worries at all, in this article I will let you know what this software is and what does it do. You’ll get to know about Remote Desktop Connection.
- 1 Remote Desktop Connection (RDC)
- 2 How to set up a Microsoft Remote Desktop Connection
- 3 Chrome Remote Desktop
Remote Desktop Connection (RDC)
Also known as Remote Desktop, it is a Microsoft technology and was introduced in Windows XP.
A program or you can say an operating system feature. This allows a user to connect to a computer from another location. The user will have full access to that computer as if it was his local.
Remote Desktop Connection requires the remote computer to enable the RDS and to be powered on. The connection is established when a local computer requests a connection to the remote computer using RDC-enabled software. On authentication, the local computer then has full or restricted access to the remote computer. Besides desktop computers, servers and laptops, RDC also supports connecting to virtual machines.
Why use Remote Desktop
People use remote desktop software to access capabilities to do a variety of things, including:
- Access a workplace computer from home or while traveling somewhere.
- Access a home computer from other locations.
- Fix a computer problem.
- Perform administrative tasks.
- Remote Desktop Connection.
- Demonstrate something, such as a process or a software application.
Remote Desktop Protocols (RDP)
Remote Desktop Protocol is a Microsoft protocol. It is designed to facilitate application data transfer security and encryption between client users. Also, devices and a virtual network server are facilitated. Remote Desktop Connection relies upon any of a number of protocols including Remote Desktop Protocol. The rest are virtual network computing (VNC). NX technology and Independent Computing Architecture (ICA).
Remote desktop access software
This software exists for most operating systems and platforms. Hand-held computer devices are also included. Microsoft and Apple each have a product called ‘Remote Desktop’. Other remote desktop products include CitrixenApp, CrossLoop, Jaadu(for iPhone and iPad touch), GoToMyPC, pcAnywhere, and Chicken of the VNC.
How to set up a Microsoft Remote Desktop Connection
Download and install the Remote Desktop app onto your iPhone or iPad from the App Store and onto an Android device from Google Play.
The app works similarly on iOS and Android with the same basic features on each platform. Some of the screens look different between the two, but if you know how to use an app on one platform you can easily use it on the other.
For Mac users, it is easy to access and work on your Windows PC from a Mac. Remote desktop for Mac is relatively simple t set up. It lets you use your Windows apps, work with files, or doing anything else you’d normally do on Windows directly from your MacBook or another macOS machine.
Read more: [Simple Trick] How To Refund A Game On Steam
I will tell you how to use it on Windows, Android or iOS device:
Set up the PC you want to connect to so it allows connection:
- Select ‘Start > Settings > System > Remote Desktop and turn on Enable Remote Desktop.
- Make note of the name of this PC under ‘How to connect to this PC‘.
Use Remote Desktop to connect to the PC you set up:
- On your local Windows 10 PC: In the search on the taskbar, type Remote Desktop Connection, and then open it. Type the name of the PC you want to connect to and then click on “Connect.”
- On your Windows, Android or iOS device: Open the Remote Desktop app (available for free from Microsoft, Google Play, and the Mac App Store) and add the name of the PC that you want to connect to. Select the remote PC name that you added, and then for the connection to complete.
Hope I helped you through this procedure. Do try it and then let me know in the comments.
Now, this software is really good and helpful to use when in need.
Chrome Remote Desktop
With Chrome Remote Desktop, you can use any computer or any mobile device to access files and applications located on another computer out of your reach. Just with the help of the Internet and this software.
The Chrome Remote Desktop is available on the web on your computer. As well as on the Play Store for your smartphone. You will need to download the Chrome Remote Desktop app to use your mobile device for remote access.
Read more: Top Most Popular Task Manager Shortcuts
Set up remote access to your computer
Your mac, Windows or Linux computer can be set up for remote access.
- On your computer, open Chrome.
- Type “remotedesktop.google.com/access” in the address bar.
- Under “Set up Remote Access” click Download button.
- Follow the instructions shown on the screen to download and install Chrome Remote Desktop on your device.
If you have locked your computer with a password, you may have to enter your computer password to give access to Chrome Remote Access. You may also be asked to change some security settings in Preferences.
Want someone else to have access to your apps, files emails, and everything? Here’s how you do it
- Open Chrome and type “remotedesktop.google.com/support” and press Enter.
- Click Download, under getting Support.
- Follow the instructions to download and install.
- Select the General Code, under getting Support.
- Copy the code and send it to the person you want to share your computer with.
- As the person will enter your access code on the site, select ‘Share’ to allow them access to your computer.
- Click ‘Stop Sharing’ when you’re done.
Read more: How To Download Task Manager for Mac
How to access a computer remotely
- Open Chrome on your computer.
- Type this ‘access’ and press Enter
- Click ‘Access‘ to select the computer you want to access.
- Enter the Pin required to access another computer.
- Select the arrow to connect.
- And when you are finished, close your tab or you can also select the option ‘Disconnect.’
Try this on your computers and let me know how did it help you!