How to Upgrade Android 4.0 Ice-cream Sandwich
Android is a mobile operating system (OS) designed especially for touchscreen mobile devices, based on Linux kernel by Google. Android has been the best-selling OS on tablets and on smartphones since 2013. Android’s first app store is Google Play, with over thousands of beautiful and useful android applications (apps) 100% fully published and downloadable only for Android devices. With wonderful success, there are many upgrades/updates available of Android such as: Android Marshmallow, Android Lollipop, Android Kitkat, Android Jelly Bean, Android Ginger breads, Android Froyo. Well we are not here to discuss about them all. We are here to discuss only about how to upgrade Android to Android 4.0 Ice-cream Sandwich? Let’s get started!
How to upgrade Android to Android 4.0 Ice-cream sandwich in HTC HD2?
If you want to upgrade Android to Android 4.0 ice-cream sandwich in your HTC HD2. you will be able to upgrade your Android version just by following the steps.
- First of all, click here to download Android 4.0 ICS. Don’t forget to rename the .zip file as update.zip.
- Now it’s time to connect USB and upload the downloaded .zip file in your “root directory” of your Android phone. Don’t place the update.zip file in inside any kind of folder simply, place the file only in the “Root Directory” of your Android phone.
- Turn of your mobile and hold the power button on it followed by volume down button, Do not let go “Volume down” button hold them both together.
- Use volume down button to go down to 8. AD Recovery.
- After that, press call button.
- ClockworkMod recovery will be loaded.
- Then select wipe data. it’s optional you can skip this step if upgrade fro same ROM.
- And then select YES to delete all user data.
- Select wipe cache partition. You can also skip this step too.
- Select YES again to wipe out all cache.
- Simply go to install zip.
- Select Yes to install/upload your zip file.
- Now it’s time to go back and for this press power button to get back!
- Then reboot your phone.
- Android 4.0 ICS will be loaded then. That’s all!
How to upgrade Android 4.0 Ice-cream sandwich in Sony Mobiles?
Did you know? By using Sony Xperia update you don’t need to walk through the whole process of Android upgrade like we do in HTC HD2. All you have to do is just look for update in phone’s web browser. It’s the same and easiest way to update Android as we do in Windows, PC, and MAC. Follow these steps to check Android updates in your Sony mobile.
- First, go to Sony Mobile.
- Click Software, from the top menu and then find An Update.
- After that, select you mobile phone on the way you can also see the current software’s version. Setting –>> About phone –>> Build version.
- Click “Check for updates”.
- Now it’s time to connect your mobile phone with computer via USB. If any update found you will see the update button like:
- Simply click the “Update” button to start the process of updating.
- The update will download in your Sony mobile phone. But, once the download will completed you will have to disconnect the USB cable.
- Your mobile will automatically restarted.
- If any of the update is found you will receive a notification. Simply pull down the notification bar and click the new update.
- Click the “Download” button to download.
- Again click the notification to install the update. Click the “Install” button and your mobile will be restarted again.
That’s it! have fun with new Android 4.0 Ice-cream sandwich. 🙂