This wiki teaches you to add a gadget to your Blogger blog, which is the Google term for a widget. Widgets add shortcuts or additional features to your blog, such as visitor counters or social media buttons / follow buttons.
How to add a widget to Blogger?
- Go to Blogger. Use the link on the left or type “www.blogger.com” in the browser window.
- Click Sign In. This is in the upper right corner of the window.
- Log in with your Google ID. If your Google Account appears on the screen, click on it. Otherwise, click on the account.
- Enter your Google password and click sign in.
- Click on. This is the title of the blog that appears below the word “blogger” in the upper left corner of the window.
- Select a blog. In the drop-down menu, click the title of the blog to which you want to add a gadget. This will be in either the “Recent Blogs” or “All Blogs” section.
- Click Layout. This is on the left side of the window in the Blogger Dashboard menu.
- Scroll down and click Add a gadget. Select a button in this part of the layout when you show gadgets like cross column or sidebar.
- Scroll down and select a gadget. The set of gadgets that appear automatically is the “basics” of what a real blogger is all about.
- Click More gadgets in the upper left corner of the window to see a list of available third party widgets for your blog.
- Click Add yourself in the upper left corner of the window to add your widget using the URL.
- Click on. This is to the right of the gadget’s name.
- Customize your gadget. Add or change the title of the gadget to how you want it to appear on your blog.
- Click Save. This is in the lower-left corner of the dialog box.
- Click Secure Management. This is the orange button in the upper right of the window. It saves your gadget and takes it directly to your blog.
How do I add plugins to Blogger?
How do I change my Blogger email?
Changing Blogger Login Email Address
- Log in to your Blogger account for which you want to change your login email id.
- Now go to Blogger Dashboard> Settings> Basics> Permissions section.
- Click Add Authors + and send the author’s invitation to your new email id.